Friday 19 January 2018

JC Options Fund - January 2018 Update


I have divided the tabulations into two sections for JC Options Fund, the first leg will be Annual Options Income and the second leg will be from Capital Gain. For January 2018, I have used Diagonal Call on three counters to achieve the capital gain. For the monthly options premium, I have achieved USD 1,865 which is approximately 3% yield per month based on my initial injected capital into JC Options Fund.

I have taken a large position in TLT ETF both in terms of Diagonal Call and sell put. My take is for 2018, the yield should not increase fast enough and there is still some room for the price to appreciate. I am trying to use GLD and TLT to smooth the deviation of the entire portfolio's performance. 

Figure 1 - JC Options Fund Overview and Performance
Overall, I am still experimenting with how options can be used to enhance yield and hedge against existing positions in JC Fund. When I hedge an existing position by buying an insurance through buy put, I will be reducing my overall performance.

I have tried another strategy which is selling put on a counter, with the premium gain, I will use it to do a buy LEAP call on GLD or TLT.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Post

We have moved!

We have moved to a new website: www.jcprojectfreedom.com Visit us there!