Thursday 13 April 2017

How can I focus better in 2017

There are a lot of things which I will like to accomplish in 2017. I know there are a lot of opportunity cost and some sacrifice is necessary.

Let me list down all the critical things which I am trying to accomplish:
  1. Get my remisier license which requires M1, M5 and M6A
  2. Read 4 books a month which equates to 48 books a year
  3. Read Annual & Quarterly Reports whenever they are released
  4. ECommerce & Affiliate Marketing - I need to run Facebook marketing campaign for my store
  5. Attend Options Training in May and start to practice options
  6. My New Day Job (contract role)

Reading is something which I can do everyday when I commute. I have about 2 hours in total while on the road. I have no qualms that I am able to complete this target.

Reading Annual & Quarter Reports is very important as it is like a health check up for the companies. I just read the annual report of a company and realized that it has completely turnaround. If I did not do that for a week, the stock price could have gain by a few percentage. Or I could have completely miss the boat. This is very important because I have all my cash in stocks. From writing this down, I need to spend more time on this than other items.

I need to get my remisier license in order to spend more time on grooming my portfolio. I manage to get M1 out but I dislike reading about ILP in M5. I have a tendency to dislike M5 paper especially when they are talking about something which has no practical usage during practice. I will pace myself and get this out in a month's time. I will attend the M6A lesson and aim to get M6A exam out in 2 month's time. 

For ECommerce and Affiliate Marketing, I need to dedicate as least an hour a day to execute some of the tasks. 

As for the option training with VIC, I need to attend with an open mind and try to learn something new. Then I just need to take action and be consistent to practice every month. My aim is to learn how to create income through selling put option. This is going to take time to learn by doing. I will not rush into it and I will start small.

For my day job, it will be interesting. I hope the employment contract will come in soon and I can get on board by 17/4/2017. I don't know how long this assignment can last me. I will do my best and fine tune the plan along the way. I feel that it is God's hand at work, one door closes and another opens. It is very smooth and I have peace.


After writing down everything, I have a clear picture on how I should spend my time. During weekdays, I will spend the evening doing just one thing and fully concentrate on doing that. During the weekend, I will allocate more time to investment related stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Post

We have moved!

We have moved to a new website: www.jcprojectfreedom.com Visit us there!